Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Kissing Blocks

Several weeks ago, I bought a box of 100 1.5" wooden blocks from Twice-Round Beads and More's Etsy Shop. I thought they might be fun to play with. And they are! I've just made my first set of collage blocks. They're the smallest canvas (for lack of a better word) that I've used in my art. I've thought about inchies for a long time now, but I've never made any. Maybe now that I've made my "kiss" blocks, I'll be adventurous and make some inchies. But here are my "Kiss" blocks:

Hmm, it looks like Blogger isn't letting me upload my image due to an "internal error." So, here's the link to it on Flickr.

I started these by painting them first. I then chose four different pieces of coordinating scrapbook paper and traced, cut, and glued the pieces to the blocks. The images are from takeabreak's Flickr page. I then adhered the letter stickers to the blocks along with some other embellishments. And now I have a fun little set of blocks for my bookshelf. Maybe I should put some of my fluffy romances on one shelf and use these to decorate that shelf. Hmm, sounds like fun!

No comments: