Sunday, May 25, 2008

Fashion Silhouettes









I have had these three almost finished for quite a while now; I just needed to get a hot glue gun to secure the lace and the buttons as glue dots were not doing the trick. Here's how these were created:




1. I started with canvas boards again and glued on strips of old sheet music. I then painted over the sheet music using cheapo acrylic paints.




2. After they dried, I made some ink jet transparency transfers of three different silhouettes I got from Jersey Barb at the Collage Images Flickr Group (you have to be a member of the group to look at the pictures). Ink jet transparency transfers are pretty easy; you do need to practice a little before trying to add them to your real artwork. I think I'll post a tutorial on how to do them another time, but if you really want to know how to do them, here's how I learned to do them: http://reviews.ebay.com/Make-your-OWN-rub-ons_W0QQugidZ10000000000111773?ssPageName=BUYGD:CAT:-1:SEARCH:2




3. I then glued on some black lace and pretty vintage inspired black buttons. Glue dots don't really do the trick for these, so I used hot glue instead.




4. I glued on some black ribbon on the back for a hanger and then covered the back with more vintage sheet music to finish them up.




They were actually really easy. They were just a little time consuming because you had to wait for paint to dry and glue to dry. But they were fun and now they're on my wall!






No comments: