Sunday, September 7, 2008

Some Halloween Fun!

Yes, it's only the second week of September (week number 3 for school!), but I've already started to think about Halloween. I bought costumes for the two boys who care about that kind of stuff yesterday at Joann's before they went on sale. I got to use my 40% off coupons and they both got dinosaur costumes (yes, they're exactly the same. You'd think these little guys were twins if they weren't different heights and looked almost nothing alike.), so that was a good deal. And I've been crafting Halloween stuff for the last few weeks, inspired by Artsymama's Sweet and Sinister Halloween Swap (which a couple of things in this post are actually going towards, but I won't say what! He he!). It's been a blast!

Sweet and Sinister Candy Shoppe

Here's one that I made based on a tutorial from the swap blog. I'm rather pleased with it. (I didn't make the cute little "Treats" box. I bought it and its companion at T.J. Maxx.)

Witch says "BOO!"

For this one, I painted a frame from a thrift store with black acrylic paint and stamped the witch and the Boo! stamp (both from Martha Stewart's craft stuff from Michaels, which you can now use coupons on!) on vintage text from a story about a witch's birthday party.

Glittering Scaredy Cat

This one is candy corn fabric stretched across a canvas (which I bought from the thrift store and it had a picture of a flower on it, but it was super-cheap) which I traced an outline of a black cat on and then painted black around the cat. The last step was to apply glitter around the kitty (I used Martha Stewart's onyx glitter and her glitter glue; I'm totally in love with her glitter right now).

"Spooky" Banner

I made this banner using pieces of a photo book kit I bought at the dollar store. I painted all of the chipboard pieces with black acrylic paint, then painted the dots on with more acrylic paints and different size cotton swabs. I then added some glittered chipboard letters and bats punched out (with the bat punch from Martha Stewart, of course) from the same vintage text about a witch's birthday party. Tied together with black ribbon sets it off nicely.

So, there's the fun stuff I've been working on. Once I get done with Halloween, I have to start on presents for Nicole, Heidi, and Jenn, who won my Christmas in July giveaway, but I've just barely now annouced! Hey, you lucky ladies. Congratulations!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

you are way too ambitious! And yea that I get something! Because my house is pretty devoid of crafty things because, well, I'm so not crafty.

Andria said...

I'm not ambitious. I'm just avoiding doing housework. :D

Heidi said...

Cute, cute, cute halloween fun you have made! Thanks for stopping by my blog for the give-away!
:) Heidi

Jenn said...

Love your Boo Witch! She is so cute.... I am totally loving Martha's glitter too... I bought the black and the orange and I want more, more, more!! Your stuff looks great!

Anonymous said...

Your Halloween decorations are so so cute!

Bonnie said...

I don't know where you find the time to teach school full time, be a mom to 3 boys full time, read constantly, and create such fun things. I so much want to create, but I don't get much done with my 2-3 hours of free time a day.