Saturday, January 17, 2009

Art Journal 2009

I know you've all been dying to see some more art, so here are a few art journal pages I've done recently. Right now the art journal and other "artsy" stuff occupy TSH's side of the bed. What will I do when he gets back?


Island of Yesterday Art Journal PageI think the above journal proves once and all that I should stick to glueing things to paper rather than drawing. But it was fun, nonetheless. The poem can be found in a slightly more legible form on My Meandering Musings.

Circle Questions and There's Nothing I...Pages


I enjoyed practicing my little squiggly lines on the above page. I haven't played with squiggly lines in years. I forgot how good I was at them. Ahhhh, if I could just have a career based on squiggly lines, I would be set!

2 comments:

orangemily said...

I like the idea of an art journal, although I am no artist.
Your squigly lines are super!

Andria said...

Quite honestly, I think art journals were all started by people who didn't consider themselves to be artists. I really think we need to break away from the old notion of what "art" is and move on to something that simply makes us happy.

If you're really interested in art journals, check out Art Journals and Creative Healing: Restoring the Spirit through Self-Expression and Visual Chronicles: The No-Fear Guide to Creating Art Journals, Creative Manifestos, and Altered Books. They're two really great books about journaling.